Mold can start as a tiny spec, and is often caused by excessive moisture somewhere in the home. There is a mold removal process that you can follow, if you find a problem area. Keep in mind that it can be very dangerous. If you do not feel confident about doing the job yourself, it is recommended that you contact a professional to help you with the removal process.
In most cases, you will be able to either a fuzzy growth, or discoloration of some type. Generally, it can grow anywhere there is excess moisture. Flooding, poor ventilation, and areas that may not be cleaned as often can result in the the growth of this fungus. Another indication of its presence is a very distinctive stale odor, which can often be detected as you get closer to the source.
Once you find out where the mold is located, it is a good idea to check for leaks, ventilation problems, or any other source of moisture that may be causing the problem. You may want to consider making the necessary repairs so that you do not face the same problem again in the future. Also, be sure that the area is cleaned regularly.
It is important that you wear something that protects your hands and your face when attempting to clean the affected area. First, make sure the area is completely dry. You may find it helpful to utilize a fan or dehumidifier to speed the process. Also, any surrounding items should be cleaned, dried and inspected for possible damage.
You may not have the opportunity to salvage everything. Most porous items, such as carpets and woods, are very difficult to clean, and may require the assistance of a professional. Cloth products; however, can usually be washed and left out in the sun to dry, unless there is a significant amount of damage. It is not recommended that you keep any paper items unless the damage is very minimal and can be visibly removed by cleaning the area.
The area can be cleaned with soap and water, and then should be dried again before disinfecting it. One effective solution that disinfects and helps prevent further growth is to apply a bleach water mixture to the area and allow it to dry. There may also be some other alternative products available on the market.
Mold exposure can be very dangerous and should be taken seriously. Some health problems that have been associated with exposure are similar to that of sinusitis or chronic bronchitis. In addition, some people have reported feeling lethargic, while others have complained of headaches and memory loss. It is important to also not that some sever cases have resulted in brain damage or death.
It is recommended that you contact a certified mould removal Toronto specialist if you are concerned about getting it out of your home. Most importantly, if you feel that you have been exposed to harmful spores or particles, it may be a good idea to speak with your doctor about your concerns, or research your options for getting tested.
Home owners are now more aware of how toxic mold can really be, and the importance of mold removal, than they have ever been before. You can get help from your local mold removal Toronto service providers.